Tuesday 30 October 2012

Treats for Halloween

It’s Halloween tomorrow and I am all unprepared. I had planned to bake something pumpkin related, but due to unforeseen circumstances I am currently car-less, meaning I haven’t been able to get out and about to the shops like I would have done.

So rather than bypass the whole event, I thought I would share with you some of the treats I’ve previously baked for Halloween.

Here we have some spooky zombie gingerbread men – I love how each one has its own character!

How about some pumpkin cupcakes with carved pumpkin fondant toppers?

Or a delicious pumpkin chocolate chip loaf cake – a great way of using up the leftover pumpkin from carving the lantern


For people who prefer something savoury there is this delicious butternut squash and red lentil soup

Whether you celebrate Halloween or now, I hope everyone has a great day!

2 comments:

Chele said...

A great round up of Halloween inspired food Katie. Hope the car issues are sorted quickly for you.

Unknown said...

Oh man, I hope you get your car stuff sorted out. Up until I moved to college I was able to make due without a car since everything was so close, but now I realize the beauty of having a car (and the nuisance of how far away things can be)

Your collection of Halloween goodies looks great. I remember baking the chocolate chip pumpkin loaf, that was good :)