Monday 8 November 2010

Waitrose Seriously Dessert Competition – Vote for Me!

A few months ago Waitrose advertised a competition where their online members were asked to suggest a new summer inspired dessert for their Seriously Dessert range. The favourite few would then be put to a vote, with the winner’s dessert potentially being developed for sale in Waitrose next summer.

I thought it sounded like a bit of fun, so I entered, but expected that to be the last of it. I was amazed to receive an email recently telling me that my dessert entry was down to the final 10 and would now be put to the public vote!! How exciting!

This was my dessert entry:
Seriously Fruity Chocolate Cherries & Berries Summer Puddings
"Two individual summer puddings, with sour cherries and summer berries layered with moist chocolate cake (instead of white bread) in an elegant tower shape, drizzled with blackcurrant crème de cassis liqueur."

It was a more sophisticated version of the summer pudding towers I created a few years back.

However, I now need your help. So if you are a My Waitrose member then please click here and vote for me! (I'm the last one listed on the page)

9 comments:

Suelle said...

Well done! I've followed your orders, and voted. ;)

(I did actually think your suggestion was the best!)

Shabs.. said...

congrats...me too voting!,,...i willl buy them if they come on sale too!;)

Unknown said...

Congratulations on making it to the final 10!

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

Best of luck with the competition! Your idea looks and sounds delicious! :D

Chele said...

Good luck!

Brownieville Girl said...

Wish I could but no waitrose over here - best of luck though :-}}

The Caked Crusader said...

Good luck...you have my vote

Emily said...

Done!

Nic said...

Sounds wonderful Katie. I voted for you, good luck.