Thursday 16 August 2007

Berry Delicious Smoothie

This is extremely quick to throw together and provides a deliciously thick and fruity tasting smoothie. Better yet, not a banana in sight. I like bananas, but I find they can often end up making smoothies taste quite similar. In this particular drink it’s the dense and slightly fibrous melon which provides the thickener.

Make sure to use the ripest of berries and melon to get the best flavour. Also, try to use an apple juice that is fresh and not from concentrate as concentrates can tend to give too strong a flavour and be overly sweet. Very refreshing on a hot day.

Berry Delicious Smoothie
Ingredients
40g Raspberries
75g Strawberries
285g Honeydew melon
250ml fresh natural apple juice (not from concentrate)

Method
Place all of the ingredients into a food blender and whiz together until smooth. A jug and hand blender also works equally well.
Pour into glasses and drink.
Serves 3-4

2 comments:

Deborah said...

I don't know why, but I have never thought to put melon in a smoothie. What a wonderful idea!

Gigi said...

Awesome! I love smoothies but they always put banana to thicken it up. I like bananas in baked goods put not fresh.I will definitely make this smoothie!