Saturday 26 May 2007

I’m off

Well that’s it. I’ve finished all my exams and packed up my belongings and I’m moving to Leeds later on today. My course at university is called a sandwich course, very appropriate for a food degree. It basically means I have two years at university, then one year on a work placement and then a final year at university. I start my placement job on Tuesday; I can’t believe it’s come around so quickly, these last few weeks just seem to have flown by.

I am going to be working as a New Food Product Development Technologist for a fresh fruit company. I will help to come up with new products and improve upon existing ones in the development kitchens while keeping an eye on our competition. I’m really excited about it and yet also quite nervous. I have only ever had Saturday jobs before and suddenly I’m going to have a career – scary.

I won’t have the internet for the first week or so in my flat, which means there will no posts for a while. Hopefully, it should get sorted out soon.

Until then, enjoy the sunshine.

3 comments:

Gigi said...

Good luck and enjoy your new job. You'll be missed!

santos. said...

good luck and good journey to you!

Freddie L Sirmans, Sr. said...

Just browsing the internet, Interesting website.